Welcome to my little home on the web. Here you will find information about my books and school visit talks, links to activities to pair with my books and information about services that I offer to other writers. Finally, below I share a little bit of information about myself. If you have any questions or comments regarding my books and/or any of the services I offer, please click on the link to my contact page. I love to hear from my readers!
My family has a huge love and curiosity for science. A few years ago, when gathering material for a science lesson on how animals use their appendages, I had a difficult time finding material geared toward preschoolers and early elementary students. The seed was planted, and I set out to write my own book that would present the material in a lively and engaging way for younger audiences. The result was my first picture book, PAWS, CLAWS, HANDS AND FEET, Sylvan Dell Publishing 2009. Since that first book was accepted for publication, I’ve sold nineteen more books for children and one for parents, teachers and librarians. See my Books Page for a full list of credits.
Now. On to… The Nitty Gritty:
1. I have the best husband and the best children in the world. I know you think I’m biased, and I am, but they are truly the best.
2. I adore dogs and cats. My husband and I have rescued many strays over the course of our marriage.
3. I despise anything that slithers or stings.
4. My favorite color is red.
5. My favorite food is pizza. I also love pasta. Okay, I pretty much love all Italian food.
6. The place I would most like to visit is Italy. Would any teachers or librarians out there from Italy like to host me for a school visit?
7. I love picture books. No matter how old I get, I can’t get enough of them. My favorites are MRS. BIDDLEBOX by Linda Smith, BEAR SNORES ON by Karma Wilson and pretty much anything written by Lisa Wheeler. I love delicious rhyme!
8. I’m addicted to reality television, specifically Project Runway, American Idol, The Voice and Dancing With The Stars.
9. I review and celebrate nature related picture books and their creators with two other author pals, Heidi Bee Roemer and Laura Crawford at the Wild About Nature blog.